At Edward Mackay (Contractor) Ltd, we are committed to achieving high standards of Health and Safety performance through effective management of Health and Safety. The company is constantly committing adequate resources in the way of, staff, time and financial back up to achieve these standards.
Having a wide range of clients and customers, we fully appreciate the importance of good values, practices and processes of Health and Safety. We acknowledge that in today’s environment, good workmanship alone is not enough and that good attitudes towards Health and Safety are of paramount importance.
Edward Mackay (Contractor) Ltd is committed to enhancing its Safety Culture through selection of competent employees and contractors, through regular reviews and management controls. This is achieved by managing company activities to ensure co-operation at all levels and by promoting and communicating Health and Safety issues throughout the company.
To ensure continued success as a company we are dependent on a team of highly experienced employees who fully understand and demonstrate the Health and Safety values that the company has promoted. Our workforce and staff are all qualified CSCS or CPCS operatives and all our site managers and foremen have 5Day – SMSTS qualification.
Our Policy Statement highlights that the Directors of Edward Mackay (Contractor) Ltd., Site Managers, employees and others have responsibilities in relation to Health, Safety and Welfare issues associated with their work. We will undertake, so far as reasonably practicable, to meet these responsibilities by:
- Identifying hazards, assessing and managing risks to the Health and Safety of our employees and others who may be affected by our activities to ensure safe methods of work.
- Managing safety in the development, construction operations of all our projects. (Risk assessment, emergency procedures, health surveillance and employment of competent persons).
- Provide and maintain a safe working environment, safe plant, systems of work and safe access/egress.
- Provide relevant and current information, instruction, training and supervision in order that all employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Monitoring Health and Safety practices across our portfolio through performance measurement and site safety audits.
- Reviewing and revising our Health and Safety Policy on a yearly basis.
- Continue and maintain our current AFR of 0.00
Gaining client approval and acceptance to all our systems of work and ensure compliance with all relevant Legislation and standards set.
We at Edward Mackay (Contractor) Ltd are proud to endorse a policy within the company, stating that, no single person, irrespective of their position within the company is so important, that they cannot be challenged on Health and Safety matters.